Startup HTML/CSS Web Designer
We are looking for a visual web designer to work with our team. The web designer’s primary contributions will be to:
- Read and interpret client briefs. Our current clients are small and medium-sized businesses ranging from cafés to real estate investment firms.
- Given the wireframes and content strategy described in the client brief, design and build an elegant and responsive web presence for our client.
- Our current design tool is a custom HTML5/CSS-based website builder, which we will train all candidates in.
- As a fast-growing platform there will be adjacent opportunities as reviewers and mentors for the right candidates who wish to grow with us.
In our experience with past clients, designers spend several hours on each project, with iterative feedback from our design lead. You might intersperse multiple clients’ project delivery while waiting on design feedback from the client and our design lead.
In addition to doing client delivery work, you will be helping us co-design a workflow management tool called Orchestra. We intend to open source Orchestra, and are building it to empower creative and analytical experts in their work.
We are a startup based in NYC that is passionate about improving how people do creative and analytical work. We have a strong team of engineers and designers who have worked extensively on systems that help people work productively online.
Beyond focusing on profit, we believe that the products and experiences we design should be considerate of their greater social context and impact. To stay true to these values, we open sourced a technology called Orchestra and are in the process of becoming a B-certified corporation. Learn more about us at http://unlimitedlabs.com/
- You are comfortable turning copy, wireframes, and client preferences into pixel-perfect web designs that work on all devices
- You have experience working on design teams that hand off work between information architects and visual designers
- You are excited to receive feedback from a design lead/art director, and are equally excited to push back on design decisions you disagree with
- You have desktop and mobile web design experience
- You are happy to work on a client deliverable for a day or two, and then move on to a different client deliverable
- You have some sample designs you can share with us so that we can evaluate your work
- You have experience with or willingness to learn Webflow
- Get paid for your expertise - experts on our platform have the potential to make thousands of dollars each month, we value the skills you bring as a designer.
- Work when you want - you will have flexibility on your schedule and work whenever you have the time.
- Grow within our community - join other designers in our network (we actively use slack) and get feedback to help you grow.
- Shape the future of work - we highly value your input and working together we hope to design tools to change the way we work.